i need advice on wich is the best cheap idea to run link quest occulus(2 and 1) in my situation

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

anaturelover

i need advice on wich is the best cheap idea to run link quest occulus(2 and 1) in my situation

Post by anaturelover » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 pm

hi
Dont ask me my budget it is the smallest possible . Im not ready to buy a gpu to play link BUT i would like to buy the moste affordable setup or at least not expensive that would allow me to add a normal size gpu to play link occulus .

Note: i already have ssd+fans + cas + psu

the minimum to roll occulus like is the i5 4590 8g ram. i prefer to invest on gpu instead of the rest of the system apparantly that is what mek the difference.

i could buy this pc below but correct me if im wrong but the below is not atx so it is not possible to add a gpu normal price( i heard the gpu for small mobo are more expensive for the same performance is that true?)
149 canadian dollar : Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF Desktop Core i5-4590 3.3 Ghz 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Win10 Warr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex- ... SwiR9fBfQx

choice A 349 dollar canadian
yes i could buy NEW for ryzen 3 3100 +msi b450 gamin plus mobo + vengeance corsaire flx 16 g ddr4 3200 cl16

Choice b 209 canadian dollar
a USED BUNDLE MSI H97 PC MATE Motherboard, Corsair 16GB Ram, Intel Core i5 - 4590 CPU

Choice CWell maybe something used in between those 2 in terms of price and performance. do you have sugestion from ebay for example?

Also im interested in knowing what is you opion advantage disadvantage of each choice ,
wich would you choose and why.

so far i m aware that buying new give me some guaranty with visa
And ddr4 is faster that ddr3.
what to consider ?
tx

Olle P

Re: i need advice on wich is the best cheap idea to run link quest occulus(2 and 1) in my situation

Post by Olle P » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:02 am

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want, but I'd suggest you take a look at this "review" of a GTX 1650.
Should at least give you a hint of what's possible at a low budget.

anaturelover

Re: i need advice on wich is the best cheap idea to run link quest occulus(2 and 1) in my situation

Post by anaturelover » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:52 pm

im need to be aware or what i should consider to help me decide if i should buy choice a or b or c.
the goal is to be able to add, later a gpu and have a system able to play link occulus quest link

in other words im not yet a the point of choosing a gpu .
i want a cheap build that has the capacity to play link occulus quest link .

i already envision 2 choice new risen 3 or used 4590 as mentionned and i know there are probable choice c that would be used but more performant and more expensive than a

wich part would you like me to precise to help you help me help you he......;)

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:23 am

I'm not into VR, therefore I have no idea what kind of hardware is required to run it.
On top of that your desired level of performance might differ from what's considered normal.

That said, I'd expect VR will require more powerful hardware than running a regular monitor.

anaturelover

Post by anaturelover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:52 pm

ok forget vr , i take care of that

i could say im facing choice for a pc ( i have an old laptop noisy atm :( )

choice A 349 dollar canadian
yes i could buy NEW for ryzen 3 3100 +msi b450 gamin plus mobo + vengeance corsaire flx 16 g ddr4 3200 cl16

Choice b 209 canadian dollar
a USED BUNDLE MSI H97 PC MATE Motherboard, Corsair 16GB Ram, Intel Core i5 - 4590 CPU

Choice CWell maybe something used in between those 2 in terms of price and performance. do you have sugestion from ebay for example?

apart from price difference and that used can break soon and ddr4 is faster than ddr3 ,

what do i need to consider to help me choose things i cant think of cause i dont know like how easy i can resell it after , compatibilité after win 10 stuff to be aware facing buying new vs 2014 6 years old rig
tx

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 am

You don't want to replace your current old stuff with other old stuff (that will need a total replacement in a year or two).
A new Ryzen system is the way to go, but consider that the 3100 will need a separate graphics card!
If you don't already have a graphics card and also don't need powerful graphics, then you should opt for an APU instead. Ryzen 5 3400G will give you more CPU power and longevity while a Ryzen 3 3200G is the low budget option.
The graphics in these are good enough for gaming if you do some tweaks to the settings and don't have high demands on frame rates.