how to place 120 fan on 800 g1 sf

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

anaturelover

how to place 120 fan on 800 g1 sf

Post by anaturelover » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 pm

elite desk 800 g1 sf is what i bought .-- it is a small cpu unusual and to my point of view has too little air circulation
- and no mesh nowhere!!!!

i have 4 120 noctua fan available

first is the air flow sufficient as it is?
2 could i place some fan? would it help ? where and how could i do it?

3would that change anithing ???

Olle P

Re: how to place 120 fan on 800 g1 sf

Post by Olle P » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:00 am

HP has designed it to not overheat, so the airflow should be sufficient in that respect.
There are some openings in the front (clearly visible by the HDD in your pics) allowing air to come in that way as well as by the expansion slots.

If you want to know how well the cooling performs you can use some monitoring software. There are a couple available for free.

I see no reasonable way to increase the airflow.
The two simple an not so reasonable solutions I see are
1. Increase flow at the current exhaust. Either by speeding up the corrent fan or replace it with something more powerful. Either option will increase the noise.
2. Cut away a good portion of the front cover and strap an intake fan to the front (with some opening/mesh underneath). Won't be pretty and will probably also add noise.

anaturelover

Re: how to place 120 fan on 800 g1 sf

Post by anaturelover » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Olle P wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:00 am
HP has designed it to not overheat, so the airflow should be sufficient in that respect.
There are some openings in the front (clearly visible by the HDD in your pics) allowing air to come in that way as well as by the expansion slots.

If you want to know how well the cooling performs you can use some monitoring software. There are a couple available for free.

I see no reasonable way to increase the airflow.
The two simple an not so reasonable solutions I see are
1. Increase flow at the current exhaust. Either by speeding up the corrent fan or replace it with something more powerful. Either option will increase the noise.
2. Cut away a good portion of the front cover and strap an intake fan to the front (with some opening/mesh underneath). Won't be pretty and will probably also add noise.

they are noctua 120 so not noisy.
ok ill leave it like this since i have your aprobation hahaha.

the other thing that is bothering me is that there is no mesh on that pc to filter dust.
im afraid the dust will quickly come in and insulate the pieces.

what to do. may avoid placing it on the floor%?? what else ? tx