Fujitsu S6231 is UBEr quiet, silent with HDD change out

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RaNDoMMAI
Friend of SPCR

Fujitsu S6231 is UBEr quiet, silent with HDD change out

Post by RaNDoMMAI » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:27 pm

I just got the Fujitsu S6231 last monday.

Even after hours of prime95, the fan never turns on and it barely gets warm(just on the bottom)
The harddrive has a little access noise when in use. but it is really not that bad and i am sure a HDD switch out would make this into a silent machine.

I am use to a extremely quiet computer, just check out my pics, and this laptop is WAY quieter then any of them.

I am gonna search for a silent HDD and then this really will be a silent laptop.

~RaNDoM

EntropyAJB
Patron of SPCR

Post by EntropyAJB » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:45 pm

I have a S6210, which is the non-Dothan version of your laptop, and it is also very silent, except for when booting. When I first turn it on, the fan spins up to 100% for a couple seconds and is very loud. After that, it rarely ever turns on, and if it does you can barely hear it. Does the fan on your laptop spin up to 100% when you turn it on? Other than that the laptop is awsome, and you should be very hapy with yours.

RaNDoMMAI
Friend of SPCR

Post by RaNDoMMAI » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:10 pm

sorry for the late reply, but busy with school

anyway, yes my fan does spin at 100% whn first boot up, but this is only for like 8 seconds i think.

Then it never turns on again unlesss i do something cpu intense.

~RaNDoM

fouster

Post by fouster » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:57 am

Well RaNDoMMAI !!
You wrote that after hours of Prime 95 the cpu fan didn't turn on .
But then you say that the fan does turn on when you do something cpu intense .
Could you please explain that?

I'm also looking for a silent lap but i haven't found any yet.
I want to find something as silent as my desktop.

I always run UD Agent in my desktop which is always on , and it would be nice to run it in my lap either. So as you understand i want my cpu 100% usage always in my lap ,but not to hear anything or almost anything :-)

RaNDoMMAI
Friend of SPCR

Post by RaNDoMMAI » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:06 pm

Really sorry for the late reply!!

i been busy trying to finish school up

I am not sure why it didnt turn on with prime95 as that is like the most intense thing you can do. It does turn on when i do cpuburn in.

I have this laptop for a while now, and i am SURE anyone looking for a silent notebook will love this notebook. The fan seriously never turns on while i am working at school. i wish fujitsu had more notebooks in retail stores, you just gotta use this notebook to see how awesome it is

~RaNDoM

michaelb

Post by michaelb » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:54 am

RaNDoMMAI,

Which not-so-quiet drive was in the notebook when you got it?
Which silent drive did you end up replacing it with, if any?

I ask because I'm planning to buy a Fujitsu 2.5" ( http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=22437 ) and since your notebook is Fujutsu, am surprised drive wasn't quiet.