(probably) 754 m-atx motherboard suggestions?!

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

doudou

Post by doudou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:53 am

Hi all !
Does anyone know whether you can actually mount an XP120 on an Asus A8N CSM. Looking on thermalright website, I found it's supposed to be possible on A8N. But i don't know how much space is left when XP120 in place.
Can you still put a graphics card after ?

(I need the XP120 because of its low profile compared to XP90)

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 am

Erssa wrote:Just dont plug it in the 4 remaining pin holes, that remain in the 24pin slot after the 20pin cable :).

You should dl and read the manual of the motherboard to make sure, if you truly need it connected.

But IIRC when first incompability issues with Asus and NEO HE were first discovered I think the first question/advice from both asus and antec was to connect the 4pin cable.
The TForce is working great in my new In Win Z720T (also has a 24pin main connector.) BTW: this is a pretty nice case for $41 shipped. 300W power supply with 120mm fan. The included 92mm case fan is loud, and I had no need of the cooling duct, but it easy to remove those. Also I wish the side wasn't perforatted. I hope the Scythe Ninja will fit--I am tired of hearing the noise of my Zalman 7000Cu.

mb2

Post by mb2 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 pm

does anyone know anything about the albatron KM51PV-754 ? (and its availability?!)
it looks like the only board that has a chance of being significantly better than the biostar (if it can OC)

also can u boot from USB with the biostar?.. and it doesn't support dynamic fan speed ajdustment, but it does support cnq.. right?

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:50 am

mb2 wrote:also can u boot from USB with the biostar?.. and it doesn't support dynamic fan speed ajdustment, but it does support cnq.. right?
Yes, It is able to boot from USB. I haven't tried it though.

Dynamic Fan: I needed to update my BIOS (strange since the manual describes it). The BIOS has dynamic fan adjustments for the CPU fan header only, and it works very well with the Scythe S-Flex 1600rpm fan. Manual doesn't really explain what all the settings do, but it's not too hard to figure out.

Yes, C'n'Q worked well with a Clawhammer A64 2800+.