New IGP motherboard for Conroe: GA-965G-DS4

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

line
*Lifetime Patron*

New IGP motherboard for Conroe: GA-965G-DS4

Post by line » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:44 pm

One of the first Intel G965 ("Broadwater")-based motherboards to be unveiled is Gigabyte's GA-965G-DS4.

Finally, a motherboard with integrated graphics and decent chipset cooling.

Certainly not something we get to see every day!

Here's what the heatsink looks like fron another angle. This is a picture of Gigabyte's P965-based GA-965P-DQ6 which uses identical heatsink design.

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2692

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 am

All boards are equipped with all solid capacitors which pose no risk of future leaking as with electrolyte capacitors
Interesting...I wonder if the industry as a whole will move to solid-state caps, or are they too expensive to be used on cheap boards.

A Conroe CPU + mATX IGP mobo would make a pretty kick-ass silent HTPC.

narrasuj

Post by narrasuj » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:39 am

Is it just me or does that heatsink seem like it would be pretty difficult to get a Ninja on there? I know I had difficulty putting my Ninja on and all I had were RAM sticks and other (much smaller) items. With the bulk of those heatsinks in the picture, seems like it would be practically impossible.

Felger Carbon

Post by Felger Carbon » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:21 am

narrasuj wrote:Is it just me or does that heatsink seem like it would be pretty difficult to get a Ninja on there? I know I had difficulty putting my Ninja on and all I had were RAM sticks and other (much smaller) items. With the bulk of those heatsinks in the picture, seems like it would be practically impossible.
The Ninja 775 adaptors are low-running brackets, two of them. The capacitors and small inductors block these brackets from being used. So indeed the Ninja (with existing adaptors) cannot be used on this board, but it has nothing to do with the chipset heatsinks.

My question is, what are those two giant mounting holes diagonally (but not symmetrically) across the CPU socket? :?