Finally a good MATX mobo for Intel?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:54 pm

Does it go higher than 333? How about 400? Oh please

Aris

Post by Aris » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 am

as a silent pc enthusiest, i'm not so impressed.

First off, i dont like where they chose to put the power plugs on this board. Main power plug is too far down the board, and the 4pin 12v plug is on the wrong side of the CPU socket, and also too far down the board.

Second, i also refuse to buy anything labeled as "fatality" out of principle.

and personally, as a silent pc enthusiest, id prefer this be a socket M board to support a core 2 duo (merom) processor instead of 775

MC FLMJIG

Post by MC FLMJIG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:00 am

So far the wall is around 350-370.

Good news is that it isn't so pricey. Around $115. Certainly the best MATX on the Intel side hands down.

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:02 am

MC FLMJIG wrote:So far the wall is around 350-370.

Good news is that it isn't so pricey. Around $115. Certainly the best MATX on the Intel side hands down.
I just can't understand why there is no firewire. Ugh!

I think it's been said that there aren't any undervolting options, but just want to make sure that I'm right.

MC FLMJIG

Post by MC FLMJIG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:05 am

There are some drawbacks.

No firewire
Undervolting is a no no SO FAR. However some have contacted ABIT and the engineers have come through for them! Opening up a few bios options for them. If enough ppl ask seems like ABIT is willing to listen.

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 am

MC FLMJIG wrote:Undervolting is a no no SO FAR. However some have contacted ABIT and the engineers have come through for them! Opening up a few bios options for them. If enough ppl ask seems like ABIT is willing to listen.
Really? WOW. Now that is impressive. Do you know if it was a thing like the ABIT engineers gave them a special BIOS?

I ask because I have a couple of AB9Pro mobos that I'd love to undervolt. Right now I'm using RMClock which is nice, but I think RMClock prevents the CPU from idling at the lowest possible voltage (I may be doing something wrong).

I think I'll e-mail ABIT straight away...

MC FLMJIG

Post by MC FLMJIG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:26 am

I know they emailed the guy with a NEW bios. Perhaps they'll put it on the mobo page. Not too sure on that. ABIT is really trying to change their image. I'm also not saying they completely overhauled the BIOS but they showed initiative. Emailed the guy back with a BIOS.

I've always liked ABit but didn't think they were so great a lil while ago. Their new company has really upped the ante in quality, performance and service. The price isn't so bad. This is important to me too.

I think ABIT is hands down the best right now in service and if they keep up will be the best mobo co out there.

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:31 am

MC FLMJIG wrote:I know they emailed the guy with a NEW bios. Perhaps they'll put it on the mobo page. Not too sure on that. ABIT is really trying to change their image.

I've always liked ABit but didn't think they were so great a lil while ago. Their new company has really upped the ante in quality, performance and service. The price isn't so bad. This is important to me too.

I think ABIT is hands down the best right now in service and if they keep up will be the best mobo co out there.
One of my favorite features on the AB9Pro is that there are 5 3-pin fan ports which you can set voltage from 8v-12v. I do wish they would expand that to 5v-12v, but that is a supremely minor complaint. Now I even control my desk fan with the mobo...

Anyway, what are the fan control options on this new board? Is each header controllable? Do they go by % or by v?

(Based on my experience with the NF-M2 nView, the % approach allows a deeper undervolt for the fans, but the NF-M2 nView is also unreliable as far as fan control goes, sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't. But I should add I have not yet updated my BIOS on that board -- I didn't discover a new version existed until I went to their global site.)

MC FLMJIG

Post by MC FLMJIG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 am

If you'd like you can go through the 20+ pages here! lol
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1157067

I don't think they covered it because it's more of an OC kind crowd. I'm not usre so I pointed you here! ;)

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 am

MC FLMJIG wrote:If you'd like you can go through the 20+ pages here! lol
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1157067

I don't think they covered it because it's more of an OC kind crowd. I'm not usre so I pointed you here! ;)
Doh! Thanks. I thought you had the board already. :)

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:39 am

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1 ... 1030754842

Looks like at the least speedfan controls the fan headers...good enough for me!

jojo4u

Post by jojo4u » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:29 am

Some remarks from the test in the printed german magazine C't in issue 18/07.
Kernel compile and Sysmark 2007 ~6 % slower than G33 boards.
Gaming signficantly faster (2-60%).
Very bad VGA signal at 1280x1024, i.e. shadow pictures, bad colors, unsharpness.
Sometimes unreliable HDCP, reboot needed.
Internal TV-out header.
Also fan control for 3-pin fans.