Will the Ninja Fit in a Gigabyte P35 DS4 mobo??

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cassius

Will the Ninja Fit in a Gigabyte P35 DS4 mobo??

Post by cassius » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with P35-DS4 Mobos combined with a Scythe Ninja Plus Cooler.

I have concerns regarding the size of the ninja on this Mobo and wanted to know if people have successfully combined the two.

It would be good to hear general impressions of the mobo as well...

Cheers
Last edited by cassius on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cassius

Post by cassius » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 am

anyone??

any help will be well apreciated :) I search the forum and come up with one other post but he/she enver received an answer either

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Hello,

Can you post a link to a good picture of the mobo? That might make it easier to judge things.

puscifer

Post by puscifer » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:26 am

Ninja fits on the P35-DS4 perfectly although it barely clears from the 1st mem module when you install the fan, so careful with which heat-spreaders you pair with it, unless you go fanless. My temps are good so i just took the fan out.
The mobo itself is great although the DS3R is the same just without the bling. In the case of most people with low fans you never take any advantage of the heatpipes anyway, so i'd go with DS3R or even DS3P.

Im doing almost 100% oc on a E2140 with my cheap Team Elite reaching 1125 5-5-5-15 with 2.1v, 100% orthos stable. The only thing thats been buggin me is the HD codec, It's plagued with all sorts of noises that i cant get rid of. Tried everything, drivers and all kinds of settings. Gigabyte advised me to check the grounding on my P180 and it's ok, so it's either bad wiring in my house which i doubt it, or a bad match with my Corsair HX520. Today i'm gonna try an old sb live! and see how it goes.

cassius

Post by cassius » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks for the reply guys....

I was planning to go fanless with the ninja so hopefully that means i will have no trouble with the ninja.

Just in case anyone is interested heres a link to a picture, as you can see the massive heat pipes make it difficult to install third party heat sinks.

http://www.legionhardware.com/pic.php?i ... age_25.jpg