GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R and Intel Core 2 Duo E6320

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Larry

GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R and Intel Core 2 Duo E6320

Post by Larry » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:18 am

I'm looking to build up an office PC based on the GA-G33M-DS2R and Intel Core 2 Duo E6320. My goal is that it be very quiet and also energy efficient.

The use will be all the regular office stuff, but also some computationally intensive photo processing applications (e.g. RAW conversions, photoshop, rendering panoramics in Realviz Stitcher and some work with HDR imaging). None of the stuff is really 3d at all, so figure the built-in graphics on the motherboard should be fine. I've looked through the forums and haven't been able to find someone else with this setup. I really don't need any of the multimedia stuff like HDMI (although DVI output would have been nice) and found this Gigabyte board interesting because of it's advertised build quality.

The system would also have a single optical drive and a single smallish HDD (maybe a 2.5" 100 GB type drive) along with a removable 5.25" SATA drive to archive all the image files into a database system using IDimagerPro database software.

Can anyone comment on this setup for the intended use? Anyone have a guess where idle / full load power numbers might come in? Also, is a system of this configuration beyond what a PicoPSU could handle?

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:30 am

My setup in NSK3400:

GA-G33M-DS2R
E4500 undervolted to 1.1v
Edit: 2x1GB RAM
Samsung SH-203B
Samsung HD501LJ
1 AC 120mm fan @ 800 rpm

It draws a max of 75W so i think PICO should be an option for you to if you undervolt your CPU.

Cant say if your setup will do the job for the intended use.