Biostar or ASRock motherboard?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Madsharpei

Biostar or ASRock motherboard?

Post by Madsharpei » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Which is the best quality build motherboard biostar or asrock?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi,

That is a tough question to answer -- do you have specific models from these two brands in mind? If so, please provide some links...

Madsharpei

Post by Madsharpei » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 am

reddyuday
Patron of SPCR

Post by reddyuday » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:16 am

I don't know either of these motherboards, but I have an ASRock motherboard, model G43Twins-FullHD. It is one of the few motherboards that is of micro-ATX form factor with support for DDR3 memory. It is a somewhat basic, fairly decent motherboard, but qite exceeded my expectations of a 'generic' motherboard.

Things that I liked: 6 SATA headers, which is more than some of the competing motherboards offer. OCTuner utility that allows you to set clock rates, voltages and fan speeds. The CPU and DIMM placement is good, and the power consumption seems to be decent as well.

Some of the things I didn't like: Front panel audio headers at the back of the case. P4 and CPU fan headers at the back of the case, hard to reach under the CPU cooler. SATA headers in weird orientations.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi,

The AsRock has 4 RAM slots -- that's good. I do not like the location of the ATX power on it, though. It that an AGP and a PCIe slot?

Neither board has the metal capacitors.

What things are important to you?