s775 chipset with lowest consumption?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ksanderash

Post by Ksanderash » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Yeah, the best way to test chipset's hardware acceleration capabilities is to play a HD movie on it )

I suggest this site for everyone, very intensive heavy load 1080p trailers on the latest movie titles: http://www.hd-trailers.net/

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 am

Foxconn makes a 2 phase VRM G31 motherboard if you are looking for the absolute lowest power LGA775 motherboard.

I personally would recommend one of the Gigabyte G31 motherboards, but the G31M-ES2L does overvolts the memory by default, and you can only correct in Windows using their overclocking app. On a plus side it can overclock Wolfdale-3Ms to over 4 GHz, but it is a little flaky with overclocking 800FSB processors without doing a BSEL mod. It is running my E5200 at 3.75GHz without the BSEL mod right now and hasn't flaked out in a while.

The G33 chipset is speced a little lower idle wattage than the G31, but it is hard to even find G33 motherboards now a days. You could also underclock a G4x chipset and get good results. That is what intel is doing in the CULV laptops.

The LGA775 platform sucks a lot of power regardless. AMD is a lot better for low power.