Antec P190

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

alkolkin

Antec P190

Post by alkolkin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 pm

I just saw a brief introduction to the Antec P190, the successor to the P180 that has already won your accolades. PLEASE, PLEASE get one of these babies to test and write up a review of. It looks like the answer to our fantasies of the perfect case.

I saw the brief initial take of it on
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/443/1/

Thanks,
Albert

Arvo

Post by Arvo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:25 pm

Too powerful (1000W) and too much too big fans (20cm, 2x14cm and so on) :)

What did me interest much more, is on second page of pointed review:
Antec was also showing off a prototype case that is based off the P182, but features a black finish inside and stainless steel on the sides.
This one looks da*n good!

alkolkin

Post by alkolkin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:58 pm

WOW :!: I never even got to that page I was so excited by the first. It certainly is mega beautiful. I sent a message to Antec to send a 190 to Mike Chen for testing and sent Mike a blind copy.

For gamers, who also want to use the PC for watching Video, TV, etc, silence is HIGHLY desirable. To match up the power requirements of an overclocked 8800 GTX in SLI and the desire for silence, we need to find some miracles. Eventually a case will arrive that is that miracle. Perhaps the 190 is. Only Mike can tell us LOLOL

Perhaps Mike can arrange to get both cases, if he has the time poor guy!
:)

Asian Dub Foundation

Post by Asian Dub Foundation » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm

damn... so it will come with the PSUs after all. i fore see alot of them for sale on ebay

laserred

Post by laserred » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:17 pm

I am so heartbroken- I just got my P180 and now they come out with the P190. Sigh. Practically everything I would like to do to my 180 already complete. Now all they need to do is the P190 with the black inside/chrome outside of the P182, and sell it with all (even the 200mm!) undervolted Nexus fans stock :)
The other idea is to extend the lower drive cage a little, totally enclose it and line it with sound dampeners, and make little jumpers to attach to the HDDs for power and SATA cables, and then have a single Molex power the entire cube, with external SATA hookups for the cables. Then open up the areas around it so you still get airflow around the "cage" and through the PSUs.