Avators back to life

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

sensitivear

Avators back to life

Post by sensitivear » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:18 pm

First I would like to send hello to everybody here, and I would like to say that I feel very passionate about the unique goal of this website/forum, I feel very exsiting about reading and sharing here in this place, and ofcourse and like many others I came here because I have sensitive ears
I have learned here alot before I make my first build, so I would like to say thank you "it was good experience"

Okay now the title is so clear about the old subject of Avator and I hope it is not a closed door and ofcourse I have respect for your early decision although I am against it because I am someone "like many others here" who is passionate about freedom

I do not ask to change this decision 360 degree but I ask you to consider an idea, because as we own sensitive ears we also should own ones of those sensitive eyes and there is no question that avators add alot of visual effect and in other cases they are considered a good representation of who we are, windowsXP and Vista are going in this line of visual effect and no wonder that most of us are adopting this new look

Who of us dose not like to enjoy the moments of sunset while the sun is going down touching the end of the ocean !

The main reason which I have read for baning the avators is because some users misuse this tool, so my suggestion is that the Admins choose by themselfs a group of avators which they think that it dose not violate their view of beauty and let the members choose from it what they like that is better in my opinion than just baning all kind of avators, so you choose a selection and let the members choose from it
And suppose a member likes an Avator that is not included in this official selection, then let the member suggest on the Admins to add this specific Avator to the SPCR approved collection of Avators, and if it is not qualified from the point of view of the Admin, simply do not add it

And that is it, hopefully I was not so boring :)

Thanks

cpemma

Re: Avators back to life

Post by cpemma » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:19 pm

sensitivear wrote:...my suggestion is that the Admins choose by themselfs a group of avators which they think that it dose not violate their view of beauty and let the members choose from it what they like
How dreadfully common. Like buying ones shoes ready-made... :roll:

matva

Post by matva » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:07 pm

lol somebody give this man an avatar wow :lol:

jojo4u

Post by jojo4u » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Well the point of an avator for me would be instantly recognizing the poster. With a predefined set it's impossible. I really like the cleanness of the board on one side but also would like to recognize some regulars faster on the other side.