Forum Scrolling is Slow

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

whispercat

Forum Scrolling is Slow

Post by whispercat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Clicking around between site pages seems normal, but once I click on a thread and scroll within it, things bog down. (yes I've cleared my cache). I'm using latest Firefox, but I've tried I.E. 11 with same issue.

Anyone else notice that scrolling within the forum threads is slow?

Could it be a site bandwidth issue?

washu

Re: Forum Scrolling is Slow

Post by washu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:18 pm

There shouldn't be any network traffic or at least very little once the site is loaded so bandwidth is not likely the cause. Slow scrolling is more likely something local to your PC. Check to make sure your video drivers are installed correctly and nothing else is running in the background that could be slowing things down.

whispercat

Post by whispercat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks. I checked everything and it seems to be fine and up to date. I visit and am a member of several other forums (anandtech, mac rumors, etc) and spcr is the only one that has slow scrolling within the threads. The slow scrolling happened only recently.

washu

Post by washu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 pm

I know this probably isn't that useful, but I tried this site on the slowest computer I have convenient access to (a single core Atom netbook) and scrolling was just fine. I'm not sure what else to suggest but it definitely looks like a local issue.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:15 am

Or, it could have happened during a high server load period.

edh

Post by edh » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:36 am

SPCR uses phpBB which is common enough it would seem unlikely there is a general problem but maybe the banner ads don't work well on your computer or something.