Current forum posts not appearing on Home page

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

lodestar

Current forum posts not appearing on Home page

Post by lodestar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:58 am

I see that current forum posts, for example the post by CA_Steve Re: Silent Workstation PC Build (Mid 2018) posted on Sun Feb 02, 2020 are no longer appearing on the Home Page as used to be the case. This gives the impression for people who just look at the Home Page that there is no forum activity when in fact there is.

CA_Steve

Re: Current forum posts not appearing on Home page

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:36 am

I see the last post listing for each forum when I look at the index page.

That said, I never look at the index page - I just grab the quick links/new posts.

nagi

Post by nagi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am

+1 for this, I always used
https://www.silentpcreview.com/aggregator/sources/15
to quickly check new forum posts, and thought the forums were dead for the last few months. I used that page because it also showed the first few lines of the posts, so it was much easier to decide whether I was interested in the post or not.

As my last post before this bugreport is from dec 17, I'm pretty sure this issue has been going on for probably at least all month and a half of 2020.

Looking a bit further, the above link would use this to get the last new posts:
https://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/s ... &chars=200
which gives a 404. I checked to see if the forum has an rss feed, but if it does, it does not advertise it. Was that feature disabled maybe?

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Is there a reason the quick links/new posts link isn't a good option for you?
As for the RSS stuff, idk.

nagi

Post by nagi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:28 am

I've looked at the quick link only three times so far, and it completely cleared itself on second view, after I made a post, (or a set time after viewing, I don't know) whereas the one I used previously displayed a fixed list of posts made in the last 48 hours, plus it also included the first few lines of the posts themselves, not just the topic names.

So biggest negative for the quick link for me is that if I don't check all the new posts, they disappear into the ether, whereas the 48h feed did not have this "feature".

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:56 am

ah.