For Sale: Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP Video Card

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

chapmani

For Sale: Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP Video Card

Post by chapmani » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Like many of you, I frequently visit hardware manufacturers' websites, looking at specifications, or for updated BIOS, drivers, etc.

Every once in while an advert for a company sponsored contest appears. I figure that they already have my "junk" email address from registering the stuff I bought, so entering can't hurt. I'm always sure my chances of winning are next to nil. Turns out I was wrong.

Gigabyte is a sponsor of the "Kode5 Global Gaming Revolution" competitive gaming tournaments. As a tie-in to that, through the winter, they ran the "GIGABYTE Guerrilla Gear" website contest. I won the sixth place prize - a fairly nice mid-rage, passively cooled graphics card. (I can provide a link to the prize list as proof, if needed.) Since they no longer had that card in stock, they sent me an upscale 8800 GT based card with a integrated Zalman cooler.

I'm not a gamer, so that much GPU power is wasted on me. Also, sadly, I don't even own a system with a PCI-E slot at the moment. Perhaps this can partially finance an upgrade, or maybe buy new glasses for these failing old eyes. So . . .

For Sale: 1 x Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP Video Card

Price: Negotiable, but not too far south of retail. Make me an offer I can't refuse. I'm also willing to consider a trade, for parts of equivalent value.

Condition:
New - never used. Ok, so I couldn't resist peeking in the box, but have never broken the seal on the static safe bag with the card in it (or any other seals). [There is a two inch tear on the back of the outer sleeve box -- that's exactly how it arrived from Gigabyte. I will send/post picture if needed.]

Specs:
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
    512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 Ram
    PCI-E 2.0 16x
    Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out
    Component, S-Video, & Composite Out via included dongle
    DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0 & OpenGL 2.0 support
    112 Stream Processor
    Supports SLI and PureVideo HD technology
    Features an Ultra Quiet Zalman Aluminum/Copper GPU Cooler
    - looks like a VF700-AlCu
    Includes NeverWinter Nights 2
Any takers? PM, email, or respond here.

Ian

chapmani

Post by chapmani » Fri May 02, 2008 3:34 am

Perhaps I should ad that "parts of equivalent value" doesn't necessarily mean the newest cutting edge equipment.

My current desktop computer is the made from the things I bought to build a Knoppmyth SD PVR. By today's standards it's old and quite anaemic.

So parts you might consider "out of date," might be a considerable upgrade for me. Therefore, a couple of year old motherboard, processor and ram might be a good "green recycling" fit for someone building a new system, and wanting this card.

Also, here's some links to reviews of the Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP:
HotHardware - March 3, 2008
HardwareZone - December 10, 2007
CPU3D - undated