Plans for quiet computer systems and parts shop in Oz

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Do you believe there are too few options for quiet computer systems and parts in Australia

Yes, there is definitely too few options
75%
No, there are plenty of options
25%
Couldn't be bothered with this quiet craze
No votes

Total votes: 8

alfhenrik

Plans for quiet computer systems and parts shop in Oz

Post by alfhenrik » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Hello,

This is mainly directed at all Australians of SPCR...

I'm in the planning stage of setting up a shop for quiet systems and parts as there is less than a handful of shops that provide quiet gear (the best one being PC Case Gear)...

So...I'd like to run a little bit of a poll of what you guys think, are there too few options for buying quiet/silent pc gear (including full systems)?

Thank you all for your time.

EDIT: Fixed link

joe123

Post by joe123 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:55 pm

I would not say there are a lot of options but their is enough to suffice me. Having said that, their is very little competition in Aus, cause everyone buys from PC casegear. I would like to see fans like Nexus and Scythe in more computer shops. If you set up a shop, I'd defiantly check it out :wink: .

mrinsane19

Post by mrinsane19 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Hello again fellow Brisbanite.

I'd definitely welcome competition... PCCG is nice but we do still miss out on alot of enthusiast parts (Noctua, Yate loon etc)... plus the range of coolers is still lacking a little. I haven't checked out their whole site so can't say how the rest compares. Certainly it'd at least open up a bit of price competition too... PCCG doesn't have to compete on alot of parts and I'm sure they take that into consideration when they price them up.

Also... if you offered local pickup in Brissie I'd be all for that too ;) $15 postage is a bugger.

gilamonyet

Post by gilamonyet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:33 pm

By all means join the club, but you have to compete with PC Case Gear in Melbourne and Nintek in Perth (they have the monopoly on Noctua so far).

If you can compete on price, jump on in.

mrinsane19

Post by mrinsane19 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Heh... you are game to buy from Nintek... they are their own worst enemy and i would not rate them as competition for a PCCG style store.

dragmor

Post by dragmor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Every now and again I check my friends wholesale lists, there are a surprising amount of quiet components but the reason they are not commonly ordered is due to the cost.

Fans seem to be the only component that’s really lacking from the Oz retail scene. You have no problem walking into most stores and getting a Ninja, P180 case, Seasonic or Corsair PS, etc

PCCG basically covers the little after market accessories that only people on these forums care about and yes the $15 postage is a PITA.

gilamonyet

Post by gilamonyet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 am

That would assume that I have bought from Nintek :wink:

So, any updates from the original poster? How easy is it to setup a quiet pc business in Brisbane and what would the postage be to the rest of Oz?

zorrt

Post by zorrt » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:40 am

I'll jump on your boat if you can beat the prices of the place I currently shop at, coolpc and computercity @ $8 shipping. PCCG is too expensive for my liking. Also Nexus fans would need to be cheap too, I can get 120mm for $21 shipped from UK.