For Sale or Trade: Seasonic S12-II 380 (price reduced)

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

For Sale or Trade: Seasonic S12-II 380 (price reduced)

Post by psyopper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:35 pm

For Sale is a Seasonic S12-II 380 Watt power supply.

3.3V 20A
5V 20A
12V1 17A
12V2 17A

Reviewed at SPCR: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article753-page1.html

I paid $55 with shipping, offering at $45 plus shipping from US Washington State Zip Code 98635. Sells new at the 'egg for $69.99.

Make me an otherwise compelling offer and I will definitely consider it - I will consider reverse cash+trades up to $30 for a quiet HDD in the 300-500 GB range, a good quiet heatsink/fan for my AthlonXP 3200+ or a quiet and reasonable upgrade from a passive Geforce 6200 8x AGP.

I purchased this power supply from MikeC in the SPCR Lab Clearance Sale. This is the power supply he tested and that is the only load this PS has seen since. I purchased it with the intent of doing a new build but alas finances are tight now and look like they are only getting tighter so the build is getting shelved until later.

Unit is missing the Molex to Floppy adapter. The case screws have also been replaced as the originals came up missing after being dissected for the photo shoot. Said disassembly also voided the warranty sticker, but the reality is that this thing has barely been burned in.

[EDIT] Added more trading options for those interested in trades.
Last edited by psyopper on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

7 day bump. Lots of lookers but no takers?

The PS is in excellent condition, 80 Plus certified, quiet, and an excellent companion to a low power HTPC. There's enough power here to run an E8400 and a 9800GTX with room to spare for 4-5 extra HDD's.

Still interested in any reasonable offer, straight cash, trades or reverse cash/trade up to $30. I don't have a huge selling history on ebay but you can see it here.

Paypal accepted and preferred.[/url]

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 am

Price reduced to $45 plus shipping.

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:11 am

7 day bump.

Am I doing something wrong here, or have we finally moved on from low power, high efficiency power supplies? The only "drawback" I can see is that it has only 1 6pin PCIe connector.

380 watts will run an E8400, a single modern graphics card that isn't insanely stupid (4870 will run on it just fine) and several reasonably powered hard drives.

bobkoure

Post by bobkoure » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 am

I think the problem is that the made-by-Seasonic EarthWatts PS in that range was recently on sale at Newegg in the $30 range.
I bought two: one for a build and one for a spare.
I'd guess there are a number of folks with EW PSs spares about now.

This is a great PS, much lower noise than the EW (I've used both), but cash is a bit tight for me too and future income looking iffy (and maybe for a lot of other folks - the economy's not so hot ATM, what with outsourcing, peak oil, and, of course, George's little war).

Good luck with it...