Antec Solo $48.50 @ Comp-U-Plus

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DaveLessnau

Antec Solo $48.50 @ Comp-U-Plus

Post by DaveLessnau » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 am

I've never ordered from Comp-U-Plus before and don't really see anything specific to them on these forums, so I can't vouch for how good they are. But, they're currently selling the Antec Solo for $48.50. Shipping was $18.95 for me. So, the total is $67.45. I'll update this thread with how things go.

treker

Post by treker » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 am

I have purchased 3 Solo from Frys and Newegg in the past year for considerably less...however, they all involved rebates. Antec is very good...I received all three fairly promptly.

Oct 07 Frys $59.99 with free shipping and $40 Rebate Final Cost $20
Jan 08 Frys $69.99 with free shipping and $40 Rebate Final Cost $30
Dec 07 Newegg $59.99 with $16.00 shipping and $50 Rebate Final Cost $26

Keep your eye out for Antec bargains. I believe this Fall we'll see plenty like those above. But in the meantime I guess $67 is pretty good for these great cases.

DaveLessnau

Post by DaveLessnau » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 am

So, one day after I took the gamble on Comp-U-Plus, Newegg (my preferred vendor) put a $40 instant rebate on their Antec Solo and is selling it for $59.99 with free shipping (almost $9 cheaper in-toto):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811129018

Darn space aliens.

DaveLessnau

Post by DaveLessnau » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Since there's essentially nothing on Comp-U-Plus on these forums, I thought I'd pass along that they were fine. I got an order acknowledgment from them promptly and a "charged my credit card" notice shortly thereafter. No problem. The next notice I received was 2 days later when they sent me an email saying they had shipped my order. A couple of minor quibbles there: they had shipped it the day before (good that it shipped promptly, but it would have been nice if their notification had been sent then, too) and had used Fedex instead of my specified UPS. Also, since I had expected the package to ship they day after I placed the order, I checked on their site to see what the status was. I couldn't pull up anything. Not too much of an issue since I got the tracking number the next day and could track the package's progress through Fedex. I got the package today and both the box and the contents were perfect. There's some room for improvement in their process, but they're certainly usable.

Interitus

Post by Interitus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 am

Little late to chime in here, but I'll also say I've ordered some "rare" parts from Comp-U-Plus a few times. Ordering was always easy, sometimes took longer than I come to expect to get shipping info and a confirmation, but I'm a Newegg freak so I'd just say my expectations are high.

Other than a slight shipping or confirmation delay everything has always gone smoothly and my items arrived in acceptable time frames and were well packaged.

It has been a long time since I've ordered anything from them (or even posted here for that matter :P ) but unless they've changed for the worse I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.