Where to buy Yate Loon (or similar) in [Asia]

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ascl

Where to buy Yate Loon (or similar) in [Asia]

Post by ascl » Tue May 05, 2009 1:20 am

I wonder if anyone can help me find some Yate Loon/Nexus fans? Given I live in Hong Kong, with the factory most likely just over the border, you'd think they would be prevalent here... but they aren't. In fact, from what I can tell, I can get them from the US (high shipping cost), or from Australia ($20 AUD per fan + high shipping cost)... or in lots of 100 from the manufacturer.

None of which is very helpful.

So, does anyone know of any online stores that are based in asia that sell decent fans?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 am

Hello & welcome to SPCR!

I would also look for Scythe Slipstream or Gentle Typhoon fans.

ascl

Post by ascl » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 am

Scythe were actually the first thing I looked for... but figured it should be easier finding something made in China than Japan.

I would love to find any of:
-Yate Loon/Nexus
-Scythe S-Flex
-ebmPabst
-Noctua

But haven't had any luck. I have found one company that at some point in time had GlobalWin, but are currently out of stock (until late May apparently).

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome :)

ascl

Post by ascl » Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 am

Just thought I'd follow up on this issue. I ended up ordering from Petra's. Cost delivered to my door was about 8 USD per fan, which is pretty good all things considered. In fact, that is cheaper than any brand name fan I could find here, so am happy :)

ascl

Post by ascl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Can't believe it... but I found a shop in Hong Kong that sells Yate Loons (D12SL's only).

site is in chinese:
http://shop.ocqq.com/

shop is in new capital plaza in sham shui po.