Gigabyte G-Power BL (GH-PDU21-SC) cooler K7 brackets

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

trodas

Gigabyte G-Power BL (GH-PDU21-SC) cooler K7 brackets

Post by trodas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 am

I looking to buy this cooler, but novadays they are selling it in Czech republic only without the K7 compatibility:
...that was previously there:
("K7 All Series")

So I need someone, who can have this cooler and still have the spare K7 bracket and could sell/donate it for my old-school K7 resurrection project. Anyone...?

Gunbuster

Re: Gigabyte G-Power BL (GH-PDU21-SC) cooler K7 brackets

Post by Gunbuster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 am

Hi there,

its been on sale for nearly 10 years now. I'm guessing that they have revised it.

My best guesses are:
- Get one second hand on ebay
- Find someone else who has used one in a build and ask if they have the parts
- Contact Gigabyte.

trodas

Post by trodas » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:40 am

Well, hello :wink: Yep, thanks for the hints. It looks like Gigabyte droped the K7 for AMD AM2 support over the years, witch make me very disappointed. I contacted Gigabyte and the ticket is being processed. That it is. Suxx.

Trying to find someone (preferably locally, it will be funny to get such bracket for example from Australia, lol) with the cooler, but no luck yet.

Searched for "GH-PDU21-SC" on eBay, but eBay returned only the GH-PDU22-SC pieces and these Lite coolers never featured a K7 support. No idea how to use Craiglist.com to search globally... and no idea if someone from outside world will help also. So, not very good situation ...

Another possibility is to get the Gigabyte G-Power Pro (GH-PDU21-MF) cooler, but once again - everywhere I go, I stumble upon only the Lite version, witch lack K7 support, while the Pro have it.

Gunbuster

Post by Gunbuster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:32 am

I know this is a terrible suggestion.

But is a Socket A clip, not usually a bent peice of metal? Could you not take one from another heatsink and reuse it? Maybe increase or decrease the bend acording to the depth of the heat sink base?

They all look pretty similar http://www.silentpcreview.com/article47-page2.html

Looks like that same thing here: http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.c ... cleID=1904 also here http://tinhocthuchanh.net/showthread.php?id=174008

Doesn't look crazily different for the standard clip most use.

trodas

Post by trodas » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:51 am

Well, it might be worth the try... but all spare Socket A clips I have are "there ways" ones, that does not fit for sure. The heatsink surely have the right and need size of the bracket in width as well, as in thickness to prevent the heatsink moving. Using clip, that is not meant to be used there, is likely to result in the heatsink will move around on the CPU die. Not exactly something I want to try on naked die K7 CPU's.
Kinda risky.

I will have to pray, that Gigbyte have some spare clips and then I can buy the heatsink and use it, as it is meant to be used. There is not much heatsinks that will do the job, tough. So far I discover that only these can be used:

Gigabyte G-Power Pro (GH-PDU21-MF)
Gigabyte G-Power BL (GH-PDU21-SC)
Thermalright SI-97A