Where to buy a Silenx Active-PFC iXtrema PSU in the UK?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

meglamaniac

Where to buy a Silenx Active-PFC iXtrema PSU in the UK?

Post by meglamaniac » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:54 am

Well, as the title suggests, I'm in the UK and i'm looking to buy that Silenx PSU. Link:
http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/co ... dproduct=8

The suggested retailer on the SilenX site only sells the passive PFC version - obviously I'd rather have APFC if I can get it, so if anyone knows where I can find these elusive things in the UK I'd be grateful if you could share it with me!

Cheers.

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am

meglamaniac

Post by meglamaniac » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 pm

Ah, those are from the other range (pro series).
I assume on that range they couldn't get 500w out of thier circuitry without resorting to active pfc.

The ones I'm after are the plus series.

Ah well, i've emailed sales@silenx to see if they can advise me of any supplier in the UK or failing that if I can order from the US store and have it shipped.

sorenbro

Post by sorenbro » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:56 pm

On the SilenX website is says that the retailer may not have all the PSU in stock, but my guess is that you can get them to order one for you.

The other option would be to order it from the US, although shipping will probably be more expensive, as well as the chance that it will get caught in customs.

canadian

Post by canadian » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:18 am

Hi,
I'm looking for a power supply for a system I'm building and was recently looking at the SilenX series.

I discovered, here in Canada, that the reseller(s) *won't* order the plus series. I wanted the 450 or 400 watt plus series PS. I don't think I want to pay the price of the passive PFC one so I'm looking at other companies now.