Good 120mm fan replacement for Fortron 350W?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Killer_B

Good 120mm fan replacement for Fortron 350W?

Post by Killer_B » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:29 am

Hi,

I've had this particular unit for about 2 years now, and I had noticed that system temps had risen a few degrees higher than what I had normally seen in the past, I checked the airflow in the power supply-NO airflow.

Cracking it open and taking a quick peek, appears that the fan itself has physically seized up...dust buildup mostly, and a touch of pet hair.

I'd experienced no instability from this fan outage, surprisingly.

What might be a good aftermarket fan to swap with the bad one? I'd prefer something ballbearing, even if it is a touch louder than sleeve bearing--Reliability is what I'm looking for.

I know Panaflos are probably not a consideration, as they don't appear to distribute a 120x25mm fan at all. (not without heavy modification, anyway)

Thanks

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:06 pm

I replaced the fan in my 300W fortron with the low-speed (orange) variant of the same yate loon fan installed in your 350 with excellent results. I suppose you could try with the same fan as mine or Papst FGL. I hear coolermaster makes a nice cheap alternative as well.