Anyplace to buy right-angle SATA and Molex power connectors?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

BoB-O

Anyplace to buy right-angle SATA and Molex power connectors?

Post by BoB-O » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey all,

I want to make some custom cables to tidy up the olde P180. I need to buy right-angle SATA and Molex power connectors. I want to use black to be color-consistent. Right now, my regular supplier, jab-tech, is all out. Anybody know another place I can get them?

Any national retailers sell them? We have a Fry's here in Seattle, but they don't have a web site that shows what they sell in the store.

Thanks,
BoB

feddup

Newegg

Post by feddup » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:55 am

The last time I looked Newegg had SATA cables that had a 90 degree on one end. I don't remember the color. I've never seen 90 degree molex. Jab-tech is a superb vendor by the way. Rave reviews!

Atragon

Post by Atragon » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:50 am

Is this the type of thing you're looking for?

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/Rig ... c-172.html

BoB-O

Post by BoB-O » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:19 am

Atragon wrote:Is this the type of thing you're looking for?

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/Rig ... c-172.html
Yeah, but they're in Canada and charge more to ship than the connectors cost. :( Flat $20CDN for shipping to the states.

BoB

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:36 am

Various cables at Performance-PCs.

BoB-O

Post by BoB-O » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:23 am

ultraboy wrote:Various cables at Performance-PCs.
Yes, but I'm looking for connectors, not cables. I'm trying to make 2 cables to beautify my P180:

1) 4 sata right-angle power connectors, 1 molex (male) connector on the end. This is to power my raid array in the lower bay. Before I attach the molex, I'm going to stuff the wires into a hole in the fan mount to avoid having to run the wire up and through the main chamber.
2) 3 molex right-angle power connectors, 1 molex (male) connector on the end. This will be made to exactly fit the fan, DVD, and Raptor I have running down the front of the case.

These two will tuck down into the power supply chamber and get plugged in there.

Thanks for all the replies!
BoB

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:07 pm

BoB-O wrote:1) 4 sata right-angle power connectors, 1 molex (male) connector on the end. This is to power my raid array in the lower bay. Before I attach the molex, I'm going to stuff the wires into a hole in the fan mount to avoid having to run the wire up and through the main chamber.
I've never seen a ready made 4 sata cable on one chain. I don't know whether putting together 2 of this sata right angle power connectors or 2 of this dual channel sata + power combo would help with your plan.
BoB-O wrote:2) 3 molex right-angle power connectors, 1 molex (male) connector on the end. This will be made to exactly fit the fan, DVD, and Raptor I have running down the front of the case.
Performance-PCs has a ready made set with bling :wink:, or a DIY kit. These are AC Ryan products.

Alternatively, you can send all your requirement to Performance-PCs and they'll make the cables for you - all sleeved. :)