SILVER MIRRORED QUIET PSU RECCOMENDATION PLZZZ ?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

SPEVSTER

SILVER MIRRORED QUIET PSU RECCOMENDATION PLZZZ ?

Post by SPEVSTER » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:39 am

Hi there,

I'am struggling to find a silver mirrored finish PSU that is known to be quiet and a good performer. I currently have the Corsair HX620 620watt PSU which I think is very quiet so would like one really to be as close as possible to this. I've decided to go for a different case which is all silver so my current PSU doesn't match as its all in black.

i live in the UK by the way if that helps in anyway.

many thanks for any help guys

jammin
Friend of SPCR

Post by jammin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 pm

Well I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
I personally don't know why you would want to get rid of the corsair just because it doesn't match (I think it would look alright in a silver case anyway).

What are you powering with this anyway?

The closest thing I can think of to the corsair that is a bit shinier is the BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 600W.
That's hardly mirror finish either.
I'd rather keep the Corsair though. Even getting it chromed my be an option if you're comfortable with doing that.

z3r0

Post by z3r0 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Something like this is probably what you are looking for, It has a mirror finish.
I have no idea if the power supply is rubbish or not, but I can guarantee it probably isn't nearly as great as Aerocool's marketing department makes it out to be.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Tue May 01, 2007 6:05 am

What are you going to do with the Corsair you have now?

If you're just going to trash it anyway, you can always go to the local hardware or model shop and pick up some chrome paint. As long as you're comfortable disassembling the PSU and taking everything out of its case, you should have no trouble doing this.

nici

Post by nici » Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 am

Or some bare metal foil from the hobby store.. the stuff comes in 6 x 11.75 inch sheets and is pretty cheap and looks good. Never used it on a PSU though.. http://www.bare-metal.com/bare-metal/ba ... _foil.html

SPEVSTER

Post by SPEVSTER » Tue May 01, 2007 11:17 am

Thanks guys for the replys, would of responded sooner but my internet has been down lately. I've decided to not go silver after all, I'am afraid I get carried away to often with my self when i see a idea only after more careful consideration do I look back at it and think what on earth was I thinking. Its happened so many times now its really starting to do my head in. So as a result I don't have to get rid of my PSU (THANK GOD) as I was really happy with my Corsair thanks to SPCR.

thanks though for all of you who took the time in replying

:) :) :)

kater

Post by kater » Mon May 07, 2007 5:25 am

If you, or anyone else, gets this kind of idea in their head, here's a PSU that will fit right in - Aerocool Zerodba - not only a beaut, but also a v decent unit and looks good to boot. And can work in passive mode, too!

Also, be sure to check this one out Hiper Type-R. Not a great PSU, quite loud too, but definitely pretty.

Come to think of it - these two are the prettiest PSU's I've seen 8)