Tagan 2Force + Nexus fan?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

reflekshun

Tagan 2Force + Nexus fan?

Post by reflekshun » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:57 pm

I'm choosing Tagan for reliability, however I would like to combine this with quiet (which I hear Tagan aren't known for). Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the Fan on these PSUs with a nexus or other quiet fan? And what is the difficulty on replacing PSU fans?

Many thanks for any advice!

McBanjo

Post by McBanjo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Since I've heard that Tagans has problem with going very warm it might overheat the PSU. Why not simply buy a unit that is stable and silent already? Seasonic, Corsair and Antec is good brands

derekchinese

Post by derekchinese » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:37 pm

McBanjo, would you agree that of the three brands you named, seasonic and corsair are probably the most reliable and therefore the best choices?

kater

Post by kater » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 pm

Depends on the model.

U25/U35 are NOT quet by any means. Kick serious butt in terms of pwr and stability. Hi efficiency - tho of no help here. Pricey.

U22/U01 are quiet but somehow outdated, and, as already said, tend to get hot (v warm) when working. They've got seriously big radiators, but slow spinning fans and cramped interior make for lots of degrees. OTOH, they're pretty quiet. Notice they use one 80x80x25 fan and one 80x80x15 fan. Hard to get a good thin 80mm fan.

U15 - nothing special. Not quiet, poor voltages, pricey.

U33 - brand new series. Initial tests say they're v quiet (push & pull fans like in U22) and v good in terms of power and stability. Will probably rebuild Tagan's reputation. Competitively priced here. +80 certified.

What other options do you have? Topower? Enermax? Be Quiet? FSP? Or the SPCR fave bunch (SS, Antec, Corsair)?

McBanjo

Post by McBanjo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:49 am

derekchinese wrote:McBanjo, would you agree that of the three brands you named, seasonic and corsair are probably the most reliable and therefore the best choices?
According to what I read they are the best or among the best. There is ofcourse exceptions in Antec lines but as a generell rule they are good. There excist other good brands as well

Just check the SPCR recommended list :wink: