Any quiet standard atx psu's under 140 mm deep?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

thegoldenstrand

Any quiet standard atx psu's under 140 mm deep?

Post by thegoldenstrand » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a good reliable quiet psu that has very few connections that is 140mm or less deep and for this case, the shallower the better. I was hoping modular, but as first response to this post noticed, this would be tough to find.

Also if a power supply could be found that is not as wide on the motherboard side, giving a little more room next to the motherboard, that would be great.

Recently built a Lian Li A 01 system for my brother using the Corsair 520W Modular..and 5.9 inches and 150 mm deep, way, way over kill.. system draw is typically under 150W as measured by power angel from wall socket, 137 for Bios load.

problem is and was.. there is not much room to work with as hard drives back up to power supply and case is 14 inches or so deep.. lian li messed up measurements in spec sheet from front to back.. 360, not 410.. and those pretty face plates force you to run second hard drive back about an inch or so plus at minimum from front of case. Ideas on how to over come this appreciated too.. but that belongs on another forum.

anyway.. planning to build another system with this case, but.. don't want to have to deal with space being so cramped so anything that is not quite as deep as the Corsair.. with less cables the better is what I am looking for.

330-520W is range I am looking at.. oh in regards to case.. adding fan to blow out the front is best for cooling and noise.. by about 4-5 C over other ways to orient air flow with standard heatsink fan blowing down onto cpu..

Mike
Last edited by thegoldenstrand on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Celoth

Post by Celoth » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:42 pm

I think 140mm is the standard, so probably going to be hard to find smaller. Especially if modular, since that usually adds to it.