FSP530-60GNA Review by ClubOC.net

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

DanOnKeys
Patron of SPCR

FSP530-60GNA Review by ClubOC.net

Post by DanOnKeys » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:54 am

I didn't know there were shiny Fortrons:

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/power/for ... /index.htm

dago
Patron of SPCR

Post by dago » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:09 am

Interesting to see is that they put the second fan on the opposite side of the exit and no vents on the CPU side (see the image down to understand what I meant)

Which can lead to removal of the exit fan for an interesting PSU (cf topics on 1 vs 2 fans), as it is rated at 530W ...

toolfan

Post by toolfan » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:13 pm

I have this power supply currently. As stated in the second page of the review, the reviewer's case mounts the p/s upside down. So the picture above is not representative of the normal layout. It is a standard config with the fans closer to the open side of the case. But there are still no vents anywhere on the supply, just the two fans.

The power supply is stable and everything, but I do not think it is quiet. I sit three feet away from the rear exhaust of the supply and can hear it easily. After playing games for a little bit the thermally controlled fans speed up, and the supply goes from being not-quiet to just plain loud. That itself may not be an issue with better cooled cases - I don't have any intakes and a couple of Silencers for exhaust on the rear and top. I have a 350w 120mm Fortron p/s sitting in a box here that I am going to install sometime soon, so hopefully that one will be quieter than this.