Mounting a Winmate?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

pete6032

Mounting a Winmate?

Post by pete6032 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:10 pm

I know at least some of you guys have them. How did you mount it to your case?

http://www.electrodacus.com/photo/ATX/24vatx-1.jpg

I'm not worried about the power brick being mounted, I will keep that outside of the case, but I need to mount the actual Winmate PCB somewhere. I have a Lian Li PC-37B so it should fit in the case well where the ATX power supply is supposed to go, the only question is how to safely mount this since it is electrical and I don't want it shorting out by touching the case. Any suggestions?

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 am

I would just measure a bit to get the hole locations, then do some drilling in the case and force a few motherboard distance-thingys in there.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

This is how I did. Is just that I have a SFX case. If other have other solutions hope they will add some photos.
You can see some more photos to this Link

AznJason
Friend of SPCR

Post by AznJason » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

I was contemplating using these with double-sided tape. Any downside to doing it? I could avoid drilling holes by using it.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

AznJason wrote:I was contemplating using these with double-sided tape. Any downside to doing it? I could avoid drilling holes by using it.
Those will work I do not know if the double tape will be enough the PSU is about 120g so not that light but I thing it will work with glue.