PSU to Power a BE-2400 system

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

klankymen
Patron of SPCR

PSU to Power a BE-2400 system

Post by klankymen » Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Hello,
The spcr recommended list seems to be full of high cost high power high silence PSUs. However on the bottom end of the list I have some problems.

The Seasonic SS-300SFD 80 Plus and Nexus Value 430 both don't seem to be available in Germany.

I'm looking for a cheap, quiet (not silent), reliable PSU, because the old Antec that was in use fried in a power outage (despite surge protector - oh well).

Anyways, it's quite a low power system, AMD BE-2400 processor, 2GB RAM, onboard graphics (AMD 780G), two hdds, two odds.

I'm looking for something of a traditional form factor, so I can screw it into the PSU bay (because this computer is not for me), so although the PicoPSU would be fine in terms of power draw, it's not really an option here.

What I'm looking for is something that can be traditionally mounted in a normal case (Antec Sonata), costs less than 50€, and isn't much louder than an Antec TriCool fan on low.

Are there any other good PSUs that aren't in the recommended list? Thanks.

BlackWhizz

Post by BlackWhizz » Thu May 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Somekind of BeQuiet 300- 350w? Seasonic 330W is also on the reccommended list from SPCR :)