Nightjar is silent & operates at 100.00% efficiency - Re

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Nightjar is silent & operates at 100.00% efficiency - Re

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 am

Here is my review. My nightjar makes less noise than any other psu, even silent psu's on the market.

"How?" you say?

Well, I am so lazy that I have not even taken it out of its box in 3 months after purchasing it.

This truly is a silent. Not even a hum to be measured.

I also add now that it is much better than 90% effecient. Forget that crap. this is

100.00% efficient.

I have not wasted any power using it. It operates also at exactly room temperature. Say the room is even like 0 degrees Celsius. Guess what!? My nightjar has 0 degree rise above that.

So, I think I found the best psu on the market. Go and buy a nightjar and just use my simple installation techniques. It is a totally tooless installation too.

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 pm

You did plug it in right ? ;) cuz 100% efficency is... err... not realistic :)

AznJason
Friend of SPCR

Post by AznJason » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Can't plug it in if you haven't taken it out of the box... :roll:

wwenze

Post by wwenze » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 pm

After factoring in some losses that definitely exist, say for example at the transformer (unless 100% efficient transformers exist), to get overall 100% efficiency the other parts have to be 101% efficient. :P

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 pm

It still is operating perfectly fine. I would say it could operate in this manner for at least 100 years without much change.

Plus, you just can't beat my installation guide for effortless silent computing.

Parappaman

Post by Parappaman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Please, I want to meet your dealer. Not the one who sold you the Nightjar, but the one who gave you that fabulous marijuana I'm smelling all around here :lol:

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

~El~Jefe~ wrote:Plus, you just can't beat my installation guide for effortless silent computing.
~El~Jefe~ - you are da man :idea: I have discovered your detailed installation guide can be re-worked not just for PSUs, and not just new components!! I have an old XP2100 CPU I have been meaning to shift on Fleabay but haven't yet got round to it. Using your amazing hints I now have it running completely passive - no heatsink at all! I am nearly speechless - if it wasn't for your fantastic idea it would never have occurred to me such silence and efficiency was possible! To think of all the troubles I went through to try achieve results even close to this when it was my main system makes me laugh!

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 am

I started a revolution!!

True Silence and 0 Watts!!

woot!

Big Pimp Daddy

Post by Big Pimp Daddy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:19 pm

This is the beginning of a bright new dawn, you should contact Al Gore or someone with this news. I think it's awfully narrow-minded to only see the acoustic benefits, the power draw figures are far more impressive and have far wider-reaching implications.

I did some rough calculations, and if half of the world's electrical appliances were installed in the way you describe, I worked out that we could reduce worldwide electricity consumption by about 50%. Startling I know!