new ahanix silenx 350w psu smells

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

jmatucd

new ahanix silenx 350w psu smells

Post by jmatucd » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:28 pm

Hi, I purchased an ahanix silenx 350 psu from newegg for 45 bucks and ive been running it for almost a week and there is this smell that has decreased slowly over time. The smell is like that of burnt electronics (i know it well as a CS major). While its quite silent, the smell seems pretty bad and cant be good for my health. Im interested in anyones experiences with one of these psus and any advice would be welcomed. btw its still RMAable, if i should rma should i just ask for a new one or take my money else where?

thanks alot,

jmat

al bundy

Post by al bundy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:45 pm

That smell is actually very dangerous to your health.

Specifically it causes a reaction in the brain chemistry resulting in the victim becoming compulsively obsessed with minimizing every little sound they encounter, most especially those sounds closely associated with computing devices.

However, by the time you notice it, it's already too late. Way, way too late.

Welcome to the forums!

8)

Jan Kivar
Friend of SPCR

Post by Jan Kivar » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:08 am

al bundy wrote:That smell is actually very dangerous to your health.

Specifically it causes a reaction in the brain chemistry resulting in the victim becoming compulsively obsessed with minimizing every little sound they encounter, most especially those sounds closely associated with computing devices.
I think You typo'd... :lol:
Anyway, it's very dangerous to your wealth too... :lol:

Cheers,

Jan

jmatucd

Post by jmatucd » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:09 am

does anyone know whether i should wait out the smell or just rma it? i also purchased a zalman vga hetsink so if I rma this one for money ill do the same with the zalman