Silverstone announce fanless SFX-L 450W modular Platinum PSU

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

lodestar

Silverstone announce fanless SFX-L 450W modular Platinum PSU

Post by lodestar » Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Silverstone have announced the NJ450-SXL which is part of their Nightjar range of fan-less power supplies. Full details are here.

Abula

Re: Silverstone announce fanless SFX-L 450W modular Platinum

Post by Abula » Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks loadstar for the headsup.

Seems a very interesting PSU, since its SFX, specially for builds like the Dan Case or N1 Case.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 am

With the use of an adapter plate this PSU could also be used in ATX cases. Silverstone's own adapter, the PP08, costs around £10 in the UK. So depending on how much this new Silverstone is priced at the SFX-L 450/PP08 combination could be an economic alternative to the current full size fan-less Platinum power supplies if you really don't need any more than 450w.

teodoro

Post by teodoro » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm now looking at this unit for my Ncase M1. I currently have a corsair sf450 plat, and on heavy loads it definitely adds more noise than I'd prefer. the sf600 doesn't look like it'd help much per cybernetics labs. I'm wonder how much heat this fully passive unit would dump into my case, though. at ~92% efficiency and full load that'd be ~36W of heat loss--is this enough to have any appreciable impact on the temperatures of my other components? there'd be a little airflow over the unit but not direct.

aside, it sure ain't cheap. if corsair's 750w model shows up soon, that might be a better option as my components would hopefully only prompt the lowest fan setting.