can anyone verify seasonic PRIME 600 Titanium Fanless

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

dan

can anyone verify seasonic PRIME 600 Titanium Fanless

Post by dan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 am

seasonic PRIME 600 Titanium Fanless

:shock: :o

PRIME 600 Titanium Fanless

since its titanium it should be over 92% efficient

its fanless

can anyone verify

no electronic coil noise of any kind

reliable and works and

runs very cool with very little heat

does it have to be oriented with vents up or can it installed with vents on a side as in a dual chamber ATX

my current thinking is buying this, dual chamber atx case so vents will be sideway
or standard atx with PSU on bottom, in a possibly fanless design (though i'm not 100% committed to fanless) not sure if 4 core or 8 is better, but i prefer an apu @ 7nm

a truly silent build with this psu, nvme ssd, and nofan 80 (or something similar) cooling a cpu-apu from amd

whispercat

Re: can anyone verify seasonic PRIME 600 Titanium Fanless

Post by whispercat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 am

Reviews:

JonnyGuru rated the Seasonic 600W Titanium fanless higher than the 650W Prime Ultra Titanium fanned model. Dead silent. Very efficient (stayed above 92% at full load [and overload], was a bit below 90% at idle or very low load). Doesn't get too warm. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?na ... y&reid=544

Tom's Hardware had more or less the same results, again, rating it higher than Seasonic's own flagship fanned models. They called it the most effiicient PSU on the market, next to the Corsair AX1600i. Also dead silent. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/se ... ,5433.html

Kitguru had the same praise, and gave it a perfect 10/10 score. Dead silent. At full load only got warm. And they got 96% efficiency at 45%-60% power on their tests. https://www.kitguru.net/components/powe ... su-review/

None of the reviews mentioned coil whine. JonnyGuru and Tom's (Aris) said the transient response was good but not great. And the performance per dollar ratio was on the low side, because of the price. But apart from that, they all rated it an excellent PSU and the absolute best fanless PSU on the market.

I couldn't find any reviews that talked about vent side orientation. One thing I wonder about with the open vent design is possible dust build up. Easy to remedy or prevent with compressed air, but something to keep in mind.

dan

Post by dan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:27 pm

thanks! i find this very informative

since SPCR has died and no longer does reviews.

i know the seasonic fanless requires the vents to be pointing up, but some dual chamber cases orient the vents and PSU sideways

is the best way to have a fanless silent pc atx

is seasonic fanless on the bottom of a mid tower, and then a nonfan 80 cooler with vents on top? in an atx case that is mostly a mesh design.

using both nvme ssd m.2 and 35 watt raven bridge apu @ 7nm

600 watts is seemingly overkill

edh

Post by edh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:01 am

dan wrote:is the best way to have a fanless silent pc atx
Is this a statement or a question? Would you kindly use capital letters and punctuation in your posts as it is difficult to follow unstructured text appearing on one line after another.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm

edh wrote:
dan wrote:is the best way to have a fanless silent pc atx
Is this a statement or a question? Would you kindly use capital letters and punctuation in your posts as it is difficult to follow unstructured text appearing on one line after another.
"
since SPCR has died and no longer does reviews.

i know the seasonic fanless requires the vents to be pointing up, but some dual chamber cases orient the vents and PSU sideways

is the best way to have a fanless silent pc atx

is seasonic fanless on the bottom of a mid tower, and then a nonfan 80 cooler with vents on top? in an atx case that is mostly a mesh design."

question,

where should a fanless PSU be placed,

on the bottom of a standard midtower ATX

or in a separate chamber as in dual chamber ATX, with vents pointing sideways

sorry for confusion

edh

Post by edh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

I'm sorry but can you kindly write in proper sentences using capital letters and punctuation? Your posts do not read well without this, particularly for those for whom English is not their 1st language.