Where do i get a Samsung 160GB SATA in the UK?

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Post Reply
Seal
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:39 am
Location: Uk

Where do i get a Samsung 160GB SATA in the UK?

Post by Seal » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:31 pm

Hi guys, im after 2 160gb samsung SATA drives for a raid0 setup but i cant find them anywhere in the uk! HELP! :(

Their model number is SP1614C

I dont want to have to buy seagate drives instead :/ or even the noisy maxtors! :(

Seal

CoolGav
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:26 am
Location: €ngland
Contact:

Post by CoolGav » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:56 am

I haven't seen the SATA Samsungs anywhere yet :( Not that I'm after the SATA myself, just the PATA SP1614N which isn't anywhere just yet either...

Fabool
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Finland

Post by Fabool » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:00 am

I don't think they are available in Europe yet.
I've been checking all the local stores every week to see if they're in yet but nothing so far, even though they have all the PATA models available.

Annoying since I have all the other parts for my HTPC ordered and the only thing missing is the 160gb Samsung SATA HD :x

CoolGav
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:26 am
Location: €ngland
Contact:

Post by CoolGav » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:26 am

I checked overclockers UK today and they have the SP1614N PATA version in stock (first in UK to my knowledge), so I ordered two of them! I hope the SATA arrives soon.

I have some year old 80GB 5400rpm Samsungs and comparing the figures for noise, the 1614 is quieter! Fantastic, especially when my curretn drives are inaudible!

Seal
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:39 am
Location: Uk

Post by Seal » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:56 am

yeah i knew overclockers had the PATA versions, i have emailed them and asked them whether they could get any SATA ones in stock, hopefully they will get back to me on that. Ill post back.

Seal
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:39 am
Location: Uk

Post by Seal » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:51 am

Wuhoo! I got a reply off overclockers.co.uk:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e mail,
Sorry, we do not stock those drives, but we may do in the future.
I will forward the suggestion to our purchasing dept.
Regards,

Gavin Meldrum
Overclockers UK - Customer Services
Web: http://www.overclockers.co.uk