DVD burner that works with DriveSpeed, or CD Bremse.

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Cyrosis

DVD burner that works with DriveSpeed, or CD Bremse.

Post by Cyrosis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I am looking for a new SATA DVD burner that I can control with DriveSpeed or CD Bremse. I often use my PC for watching DVD's, and I've never used a drive that is quiet enough without the use of DriveSpeed, but unfortunately there is no way to tell if a drive is compatible with it without actually using it. So, I would love any recommendations you guys might have of a newer model drive that I can control.

Right now I have an old PATA Lite-On which is horribly loud, but at least is controllable, so it's still miles better than a quieter drive that is incompatible.

Thanks guys, I will appreciate any feedback.

:Edit: I am not concerned with Light Scribe or other additional features.

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 pm

I also am interested in a quiet DVD or even BD unit that can definitely work with DriveSpeed.
The LG GH22LS30 that I currently have isn't very bad at full speed, but isn't properly working with DriveSpeed.
I can only turn the CD speed down, the DVD option isn't available. I am still able to turn the 'Silent Play' on for DVD.
I wish I bought a Pioneer 216 when they were still available...

halcyon
Patron of SPCR

Post by halcyon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 pm

You can still buy Pioneer BluRay burners as a Plextor brand, at least in Europe: PX-B940SA. However, I still haven't gotten mine, so I can't vouch for if the speed is settable via Plextools.

Will report later, when I get it.