Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3 + Barton 2500+

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nanite

Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3 + Barton 2500+

Post by nanite » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:04 am

I'm looking to make my computer case as slim as possible, and the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3 would look to be a really good choice as it's pretty low profile and is of slot type construction. My two questions are would this work for cooling a Barton 2500+, and since my motherboard is positioned vertically, what ways could I mount this to the CPU?

wim

Re: Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3 + Barton 2500+

Post by wim » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:59 am

nanite wrote:would this work for cooling a Barton 2500+
um...err...
what ways could I mount this to the CPU?
before i try to think of some ideas, just let me check that you are aware it's a GPU cooler? sorry if that's an offensive question..

silencery

Post by silencery » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:43 am

if you're trying that i THINK you're trying, it's a cool concept, but hard to visualize w/o seeing placement of the CPU to the rest of the case and components.

Sounds like the first obstacle would be dealing w/ the backpanel by the processor?

nanite

Post by nanite » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:44 pm

That's my current computer I made. You can read more about it here. http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.a ... C+AND+ideq

That's the motherboard. I'm going to be putting the cooler so that it goes across the board and slots, jetting out the back.

There's the other side. The cooler would be venting towards the picture taker in this picture.

What do you think about mounting and the idea?

wim

Post by wim » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:54 am

i expect because of the low profile you probably will not be able to make it clear all the caps and stuff on the board. but the only way is to measure it up and see.

ok i had a look at my VGA silencer thing. maybe it's a lot longer than you're thinking, it looks way too big to fit where you're saying. what about the ram and the mobo power clip?\

edit: whoops, sorry not the ram - the pci slot and agp slot would probably be made inaccessible