Coolink heatpipe 120mm CPU cooler. BAT1VS-G

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Coolink heatpipe 120mm CPU cooler. BAT1VS-G

Post by Bluefront » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:08 pm

Brand-new heatpipe technology, 120mm fan, adjustable heatsink direction, Gold-plated (copper?). This thing looks neat, but too little information to make any conclusions. What a great potential ducting project..... :D

TheWesson

Post by TheWesson » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:23 am

I just want to mention that, just because it stands up, doesn't mean it's better for ducting necessarily. The outflow of the heatsink won't align perfectly with a case exhaust, and it may actually be easier to have a 90-degree turn in a duct from the rear case exhaust down to the mobo than try to duct between a tower HS and the case exhaust ... it's pretty cramped and awkward ...

... That was my experience anyhow, with the HT-101.

Best yet would be a heatpipe/radiator that lined up with your mobo and fans perfectly ... can we get an "adjustable" heatpipe/radiator ...?

The fact that you can rotate this one is good start!

the wesson

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:37 am

Actually I was thinking of using this heatsink in place of the Alpha in this setup. There's no actual exhaust duct, but rather a negative pressure area where the rear case fan and a 120mm PSU fan share duties of exhausting CPU heat. This setup has been working great for me.

Replace the Alpha with this new HSF, and I'll have the ability to duct fresh air directly to the 120mm cpu fan, which would then blow CPU heat into the exhaust area....hard to explain but a definate possibility if this heatsink is a good performer.

TheWesson

Post by TheWesson » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:21 pm

Oh yeah -- I like that setup.

Ducting all the way thru - that's good. Are you adding a fan to do that, or are you going to use an existing case fan?

"120mm CPU fan"? The Bat takes a 120mm ... ?? :o

the wesson

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:02 am

Bat with 120mmx25mm fan.

No more fans....I think the 120 mm fan on the heatsink could suck fresh air through duct work w/o any extra help. :)

TheWesson

Post by TheWesson » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:45 am

Don't know how I could miss the 120mm fact ... just wasn't expecting to see that I guess.

Going for the gold plated? 8)

the wesson