AeroCool Copper CPU Cooler HT-101

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dan

AeroCool Copper CPU Cooler HT-101

Post by dan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:37 pm

hello,
does anyone have any suggestions or experience with the AeroCool Copper CPU Cooler HT-101, and especially its silence and its performance relative to say standard heatsinks. there are reviews for this product, though i've not seen it in person, and there are a lot of comments on how silent this product is.

newegg sells it for $56.99, but unlike heatsinks, it uses heatpipes.
the cpu heats liquid, and the liquid circulates and is cooled by the heat fins.

over at newegg several customers commented favorably both on its performance and its quietness.

i am curious as to how this solution compares with water cooling kits that sell for $80

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:13 am

AeroCool does make very good coolers with great performance at low fan speeds. Heatpipe coolers efficiency increase with higher heat, so if you compare to a regular heatsink and use a high speed fan to keep temps real low they will not give favourable results. If you run a very low speed fan or no fan at all they will performe great compared to regular heatsinks.

Note that you can not choose the direction the heatsink is facing with the HT-101, so you must make sure that your CPu sockel is oriented properly (so your fan will blow in the right direction).
I use the older DP-102, and that heatsink can be turned in your desired direction. But I don't have any fan mounted on it anyway...