Aerocool Dominator: 140mm Thermalright clone!

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Slaugh

Aerocool Dominator: 140mm Thermalright clone!

Post by Slaugh » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 pm

According to matbe, Aerocool is about to release a new cooler: The Dominator. This is just another Thermalright clone, but this one is huge: it comes with a 140 mm fan! This cooler has 3 large heatpipes and measures 155x140x100 mm. It's supposedly quiet. They talk about 20.87 dBA and 68.37 CFM @ 1200 RPM. Even if it's louder, that large fan could easily be undervolted, or completely removed if proper airflow is given. But there's another problem with this kind of cooler: its size. I'm sure some users would have a hard time fitting this monster on their motherboards!

Image Image Image

(Click on a picture for a larger view)

Felger Carbon

Post by Felger Carbon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:59 am

When do we get a version using their new 25cm fan? :D

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 am

Felger Carbon wrote:When do we get a version using their new 25cm fan? :D
Or a special edition heatsink with heatpipes that extend from the base all the way to the 25cm fan in their new case :lol:

vine-au

Post by vine-au » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:01 pm

looks like its all aluminium though, I dont see any copper on that HS base (could be plated though i guess) I'd like to see some reviews of this.

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:40 am

vine-au wrote:looks like its all aluminium though, I dont see any copper on that HS base (could be plated though i guess) I'd like to see some reviews of this.
It IS aluminium. It's stated right there in the article.

"Le radiateur est en aluminium et composé de 58 ailettes."

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:04 am

Last time I tried to decipher a review in french, the word radiateur was used for the part with the fins. Not for the whole heatsink. Combine that with the fact the only aluminium heatpipes I have ever seen are those flat bendable ones and the obvious colour differences in the middle picture. So most likely the base and the heatpipes are nickel plated copper and the fins and the thing on top of the base are aluminium.

kapouille

Post by kapouille » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:13 am

Tibors wrote:Last time I tried to decipher a review in french, the word radiateur was used for the part with the fins.
You are very right, a radiateur is the part from which the heat radiates (hence the name). Usually, radiateur == heatsink in terms of translation.

matbe isn't always precise in its news, but that doesn't exclude the CPU block being aluminium too.

notareal

Post by notareal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 am

vine-au wrote:looks like its all aluminium though, I dont see any copper on that HS base (could be plated though i guess) I'd like to see some reviews of this.
Looks like a copper base (image from Scythe).