ALL COPPER Scythe Ninja spotted FOR SALE in Japan!!!

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

miahallen

ALL COPPER Scythe Ninja spotted FOR SALE in Japan!!!

Post by miahallen » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:02 pm

We've all been asking...and now it's finally coming 8)

I spotted the product in the Zoa Computer Plaza in Atsugi, Kanagawa-ken. It looked like a taller, all copper version of the mini Ninja...meaning the heatpipes were more evenly spaced then on the original Ninja. Looks like it comes with the same mounting options as the Rev.b. It was priced at 6500yen or about 60 USD.

I appologize I didn't have my camera handy, but I'll try to get a picture up ASAP!

walle

Post by walle » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Would it perhaps be this one, the anniversary addition? I hope so, because I've placed and order and are currently awaiting it's arrivel. :D

miahallen

Post by miahallen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 am

That's the one...here's another review I just stumbled accross:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho ... p?t=170581

walle

Post by walle » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:37 am

I feel a bit bad here, you presented the news and I acted like a complete jerk with my post. I know how much fun it is to be able to give heads up on something new and I should not have posted but instead allowed you to give us further information. I apologize for that, I got to darn excited and forgot my manners in the process. :(

Cheers.

Edit: thanks for the review link miahallen, English is so much easier then German (at least for me):D

chahahc

Post by chahahc » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:38 pm

The base on the cu ninja looks miles ahead of the rev2. Still wish they would soldier the fins though...But that would ramp up the price :lol: . And is that a new mounting system for the lga775 socket? woot woot woot

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:25 pm

looks like the old mounting system to me...but way better than pushpins.

miahallen

Post by miahallen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:33 pm

walle wrote:I feel a bit bad here, you presented the news and I acted like a complete jerk with my post. I know how much fun it is to be able to give heads up on something new and I should not have posted but instead allowed you to give us further information. I apologize for that, I got to darn excited and forgot my manners in the process. :(

Cheers.

Edit: thanks for the review link miahallen, English is so much easier then German (at least for me):D
No worrys man, congrats on the purchase, I look forward to your impressions ;)

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:46 pm

There's a SPCR review of the copper ninja in the works, and we'll hopefully get some more info on it during our time with Scythe at CES in a couple of weeks. :lol:

JazzJackRabbit

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Dang, I just ordered another aluminum version for upcoming quad core penryn. Still, given how much CU version would weigh, I'd be really cautious putting one in my PC.

walle

Post by walle » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:09 am

Update
miahallen wrote:...I look forward to your impressions ;)
well,

My order arrived yesterday but judged to my surprise when thinking it was a delayed Christmas present opening the package, it turned out that they had sent me the Aluminium version instead!! damnit, not like the Germans making mistakes. arrrgh, have to send this one back. However; they are sending me the copper version right away not waiting until they have received this one, nice service that is. Still; I was so looking forward to get this one in my rig just to have to wait a wee little bit longer.

johnniecache7

Post by johnniecache7 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:31 am

There forsale in the US now at Jabtech h*tp://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-NINJA-Copper-Al ... -4065.html

I would love to see this take on the Ultra 120 Extreme. As Fanless cooler it should be just awsome. I want it but I just paid arm and leg for the thermalright cooler. :cry: