AC Freezer pro 7 thermal paste vs thermalright CF2?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

markyb

AC Freezer pro 7 thermal paste vs thermalright CF2?

Post by markyb » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi,

This is the first time ive been involved in building a pc, so please excuse the stupid questions etc :oops:

Having bought a AC freezer pro 7 from recommendations etc, when i bought the rest of my components i also bought thermal paste (thermalright Chill factor 2) unbeknow to me, i had no idea the freezer pro7 came with some on the darn cooler.. So do i take it off the cooler? And put some of the other Chill factor 2 on? Or leave it as it is?

Any advice would be smashing.. last bit to go on before the big turn on :shock: :lol:

new2spcr
Friend of SPCR

Re: AC Freezer pro 7 thermal paste vs thermalright CF2?

Post by new2spcr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:45 pm

markyb wrote:Hi,

This is the first time ive been involved in building a pc, so please excuse the stupid questions etc :oops:

Having bought a AC freezer pro 7 from recommendations etc, when i bought the rest of my components i also bought thermal paste (thermalright Chill factor 2) unbeknow to me, i had no idea the freezer pro7 came with some on the darn cooler.. So do i take it off the cooler? And put some of the other Chill factor 2 on? Or leave it as it is?

Any advice would be smashing.. last bit to go on before the big turn on :shock: :lol:
I seem to remember that the TR Chill Factor (1 or 2?) has to be removed and reapplied once a year while the AC paste has much better longevity - several years according to AC.

robbie13

Post by robbie13 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 pm

the paste that comes with the freezer looks nicely laid out, go with it.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 am

indeed, besides even tooth paste and vegamite works as TIM... So its perfectly good. Stick with the stock paste for now.

Vibrator

Post by Vibrator » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 pm

The stuff on the freezer is MX-2

Great stuff.

ame

Post by ame » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 am

The preapplied stuff could be MX 1 or 2 both are better than chillfactor IMO.