However I still want quite! The stock cooler, and in particular the fan controller on this board is driving me nuts, so I just ordered the Noctua NH-U9B SE2 which is a smallish tower coler for 90mm fans. I intend to run the cooler fanless. I just realized however that the cooler is imcompatible with this board!
This excludes all coolers with the SecuFirm2 mounting system, i.e. all new Noctua coolers. I would still prefer a descently sized heatsink for fanless operation. So please suggest some alternatives if you have any personal experiences with cooling for this board. I will add them to the list below.Components at the back prevent installation of the backplate.
- Noctua NH-D14, NH-U12B, NH-U9B etc (incompatible due to components on the backside)
- Thermalright AXP-140 (status unknown)
- Thermalright Ultra-120 etc (status unkown)
- Thermalright HR-01 (status unknown)
- Scythe Ninja Mini (status unknown)