WTB Panaflo M and L in Canada?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

slippy

WTB Panaflo M and L in Canada?

Post by slippy » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:18 pm

I want to get a panaflo 92mm 12L1A for my case and a 80mm 12M1A for my heatsink (thanks to mike's suggestive post :D )

does anyone know a good place to get them in canada? more specifically toronto? the places i've seen sell L1A's for $20 a pop!

Also, is the 92mm L1A as quiet as the 80mm L1A? thanks

powergyoza
Patron of SPCR

Post by powergyoza » Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:58 am

I think it'd be useful if we started a sticky thread in the hot deals & classifieds section for Canadian suppliers of quiet computing components.

I'll start one.... go see okay?

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:00 am

My only thoughts are that you might want to get the M1BX instead of the M1A, so you can have RPM monitoring.

I have no idea were you can get Panaflo's in Toronto. I never have the time to go shopping anyway, so I just get mine online at Digikey. The M1BX is around $17 there, but you have to spend a bit more to avoid Handling fees, and spread out the shipping cost.

webherring

Post by webherring » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:14 pm

You can buy the Panaflos at BigFoot Computers in Toronto. They are located at Runnymede and Dundas St West.

You can check their site at www.bigfootcomputers.com

They do charge $20 bux for them, though, which is pretty steep, but I don't like to deal with duties and shipping. Last summer, they had a sale on them. Maybe they will have another sale... They also offer them with mb or molex connectors attached.

webherring

Post by webherring » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:29 am

For those in Toronto, Bigfoot is having a "sale" on the Panaflos for $14.98 right now.