Silverstone fans: 80mm,92mm,120mm

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tropical_nut

Silverstone fans: 80mm,92mm,120mm

Post by tropical_nut » Sat May 02, 2009 12:39 am

I live in an area where most of the fans recommended by SPCR are not available in shops or with local on-line retailers.
Not available include: Nexus, Scythe, NoiseBlocker, Noctua, YateLoon, and the list goes on. I have searched and telephoned and both the country I live in and a neighboring country do not have distributors for the above.
So I have to choose from what IS available--that maybe acceptable for cooling performance and low noise.
About the only brand I have found locally, that seems reputable is Silverstone.
This is available, but still a difficult find.

Average ambient temperature in my room is about 26 degrees C in the early morning and 32 degrees in the afternoon.
My PC was bought 7 years ago(still running fine) but the only components that old are the CPU, mainboard, case, and fans/heatsinks. Everything else has been upgraded in the last two years. It is getting a bit noisy from the fans--so this is perhaps my last upgrade.

1. Of the current Silverstone case fan lineup in 80, 92, and 120 mm size which models perhaps stand out as being good buys? (They appear to be manufactured by many companies.)
2. Which of the Silverstone 80mm fans would be best as a CPU heatsink Cooler?(Currently the CPU heatsink has an old CoolerMaster/ProLogic fan)

If it's important the other brands easily available here are CoolerMaster(dominant) and Thermaltake(also tough to find).