Rubber Mounts for Sonata & Evercase 4252

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Edirol

Rubber Mounts for Sonata & Evercase 4252

Post by Edirol » Fri May 14, 2004 3:40 am

Hi all,

I just ordered a couple of Panaflo 80 & 120mm's and it occurred to me that I need some way to mount them on my cases.

When I got my Sonata it only came with one set of those rubber mounts (or do you call them grommets). The evercase of course comes with nothing.

Does anyone know where I can find these items in Toronto?

Thanks,
- Will

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri May 14, 2004 4:51 am

You can certainly get them from Silicon Acoustics (one of SPCR's sponsors) but there may also be other Canadian sources that I'm not aware of, living in Sunny SoKal as I do. Perhaps someone more familiar with Canadian retailers will chime in here.

Be aware that you'll actually need two different sizes of those fan mounts, one for the 80mm Panaflo, and another for the 120mm Panaflo with the thicker flange. Here's an excellent post that gives you part numbers of the different sizes that you'll need.

PhilC

Post by PhilC » Fri May 14, 2004 9:18 am

When I replaced my stock Antec fan in my Sonata and added the optional front fan for my drives (with two Evercools 120mm) I called Antec support and they sent me extra rubber grommets, no charge. A plus for Antec support in my book.

BTW these grommets, according to the tech, are not reuseable. Just cut the old ones out and install the new ones.

PhilC