Panaflo 2pin to 3pin mod?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

homncruse

Panaflo 2pin to 3pin mod?

Post by homncruse » Fri May 28, 2004 5:17 pm

Referencing this link: http://www.insomnia-tech.com/reviews/pana80/page2.php

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0. The mobo has support for 3 fans - CPU (duh), chassis, and power, all labeled. I have an Antec 400W PSU plugged into the power connector for RPM monitoring, and would like to plug in my new Panaflo fan to the other connector (don't care about RPM monitoring as I doubt it has it from what I've heard).

The wires on the PSU connect to pins 4 and 6, whereas the connector takes up 4, 5, and 6, so that's easy.

However, since the Panaflo fan is only a 2-pin connector, do I connect it to pins 1 and 2, or 2 and 3!?

PCGUY

Post by PCGUY » Fri May 28, 2004 6:11 pm

Normally the wires are color coded.

Make sure that the RED pins are connected togeather and then you can meke sure that the other pin is in sync

hydroxyhydride

Post by hydroxyhydride » Sat May 29, 2004 2:28 pm

Shave the 2 little points off the panaflo connector so it is smooth. Then just plug it in! If it doesn't work, move it over to the next 2. Nothing will be damaged. I don't quite understand your diagram because you haven't specifiec the orientation with respect to protruding egde of the mobo connector.

Anyway, here is a working setup:
Image[/img]

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:47 pm

The red wire is alway the live voltage (V+) wire. This should always go on the middle pin on the motherboard connector.
So with a panaflo 2-wire connector you have to cut off the small plastic lug on the fan connector on the side with the red wire. Leave the plastic lug on the other side of the connector.

Since you have left one of the plastic lugs on it will only be possible to connect the fan in one way to the motherboard.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:05 am