Aerogate 3?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Nik7304

Aerogate 3?

Post by Nik7304 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:51 am

Hi, new here, but have been lurking around the forums for quite a while.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard any buzz on the new Aerogate 3? (http://www.coolermaster.nl/) It goes from <5V to 12V.

Regarding RPM monitoring, do the fans need anything on them, or would it work with any Evercool or Nexus 120mm fans?

The way I'm thinking of setting up my system would be either Evercools or Nexuses 120mm front and back of an Antec 3700BQE, a Thermalright XP-120 with Globe fan (if I can find one) on the CPU (Athlon 3500+ on an MSI K8N Neo2), and a Seasonic Super Tornado 400. Does anybody see any compatibility issues with that? Does it sound like a decently silenced yet cool system?

(I'd rather not do any modding, and there won't be any overclocking, RAIDs, or other thingies.)

Many thanks for any eventual answers. :D

/Nik

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:49 am

Regarding RPM monitoring, do the fans need anything on them...
Normally you want a fan with the 3-pin connector to get RPM readout.
This means that the fan takes its power from the fan header on the motherboard. Most 120mm fans are quite powerfull, so they might not be designed to take power from the motherboard.

So, you have 3 typical connector types on 120mm fans.
1. Only 3-pin connector (rare on 120mm fans).
2. Only 4-pin molex connector. No easy way to get RPM readout from this.
3. Molex connector and 3-pin connector with no wire in center place of the 3-pin connector.

In case of number 3 you power the fan from a molex connector and connect the 3-pin connector to the motherboard just to get the RPM readout.