Globe 120mm vs PC Power & Cooling 80mm

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Stupid boy

Globe 120mm vs PC Power & Cooling 80mm

Post by Stupid boy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:07 pm

I have this Globe 120mm fan, and I love it.

How do the 80mm and 92mm Silencers compare to the 120mm Globe fans at the fans' lowest speeds?

Thanks

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:52 am

Every one of the PCP&C "Silencers" that I've ever heard have been loud. However, someone recently posted that there's some sort of "new" Silencers that are actually quiet. I've never heard them, or heard about them so my recommendation would be to stay away from them unless you can listen to them yourself before buying them.

Stupid boy

Post by Stupid boy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:26 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:Every one of the PCP&C "Silencers" that I've ever heard have been loud. However, someone recently posted that there's some sort of "new" Silencers that are actually quiet. I've never heard them, or heard about them so my recommendation would be to stay away from them unless you can listen to them yourself before buying them.
Cmcquistion says that Silencers are quieter than Panaflo 12L's, which I have, so I'm sure that they're at least as quiet as Panaflo 12L's, which are loud by silentpcreview's and my standards.

The tech at school likes Silencers and says that they're quiet, and I got to listen to one, but there were a bunch of really loud fans on, so I couldn't hear the Silencer.

What did you mean when you said, "loud"?, i.,e., did you mean, tornado, stock heatsink fan, panaflo?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:44 am

Stupid boy wrote:
Ralf Hutter wrote:Every one of the PCP&C "Silencers" that I've ever heard have been loud. However, someone recently posted that there's some sort of "new" Silencers that are actually quiet. I've never heard them, or heard about them so my recommendation would be to stay away from them unless you can listen to them yourself before buying them.
What did you mean when you said, "loud"?, i.,e., did you mean, tornado, stock heatsink fan, panaflo?
I meant "stock sort of fan" loud. They sound just like any generic fan that you can buy at CompUSSR, the computer swap meet or a mom-n-pop computer store. Nothing special at all.