120mm recommendations? I don't need silent, just quiet.

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Numbers

120mm recommendations? I don't need silent, just quiet.

Post by Numbers » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:36 pm

I'm trying to find a pair of fairly quiet, 120mm fans that'll flow enough airflow to cool down a Lian Li PC-v1000. I'm just looking for something that'll be say... Dell quiet or lower (which isn't quiet at all by your standards).

I have a Wavemaster with 3 of the coolermaster 80mm LED fans and an Aeroflow2, and the constant thrumming of my case is driving me up a wall. I can hear the thing in the next room, and the cooling is horrible. My 9800xt is sitting at 81 degrees celcius at idle!

I'm putting an AC silencer on my card, and a Nexus 92mm fan on an XP-90 to quiet the rest of my case, but I still need the 120mm fans. So, I was looking at the Acoustifans, the globe, and Papst. Judging by the recommended list, I think the Papst fits my needs the best, but I have NO idea where to get them. Googling turned up nothing but German sites. (I'm in the US). Does anyone have any places to get these fans, or have any better suggestions on a pair of 120mm fans for me?

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:13 pm

I've yet to see a case where the Nexus 120mm isn't enough. But if you really must have more airflow as backup or you find the Nexus too expensive, Globes should suit you fine.

Numbers

Post by Numbers » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Thanks for the help. =) The globes won't be too loud at 12v speed?

ferdb

Post by ferdb » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:42 am

Get a Fanmate for $4 to control the fan speed. The Nexus and Globes are pretty close to the best airflow vs noise ratio so you aren't really going to do any better. Just put it in, and dial it up to the airflow / noise level you want.