Help me identify this fan...please

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Twill

Help me identify this fan...please

Post by Twill » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:19 pm

I have a globe 120mm fan that came on a case and I'm trying to find out the specs and if it's going to be at all quiet.

It's a sleeve bearing with a silver/purple sticker and number S07138812L DC12V 0.18A

Does anyone know how quiet/undervolatble these are?

Thanks

Twill

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:39 pm

Now that's strange because the model number you provided is for a sleeve-bearing, low-flow, 92mm fan, not a 120mm fan.

I've used 120mm and 80mm globe fans of various sizes / speeds and found them to be quieter than most others of the same class. Furthermore, all undervolted nicely.

For further info, you can take a look at the globe website: http://www.globefan.com

Twill

Post by Twill » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:59 am

:oops:

That might explain it...I should have actually measured it instead of eyeballing it :)

you're right, it is a 92mm.

Are Globe's dB ratings on their site accurate?

Thanks for pointing out my problem

Twill

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:57 pm

Twill wrote: Are Globe's dB ratings on their site accurate?
Not entirely but good enough (much much better than other brands) that it won't matter much.

Globe uses the same dBA ratings for its ball bearing and sleeve bearing fans. However, having had the opportunity to compare the two, I can easily say the ballbearing fans are louder due to clicking. Since you have a sleevebearing fan (the S initial) you're good to go.